Tuesday, December 9, 2008

SEO New Year’s Resolutions

The new year is an exciting time–new plans, goals, dreams. Here are some new year’s resolutions related to search engine optimization and search marketing that you might want to incorporate to generate more business from search this year.

This year I resolve to:

Set specific search marketing goals and lay out a plan to achieve them.
Review my website and make sure all basic SEO has been implemented.
Consistently add new and useful content to my blog and website.
Contribute more often to blogs, forums, and online groups in my industry.
Expand my keyword list to incorporate new keywords.
Eliminate ineffective keywords from my PPC campaigns.
Refine match types and add negative keywords to my PPC ads.
Test–ad copy, keywords, bids, landing pages–everything possible.
Identify key performance indicators for my business and track them closely.
Review website analytics and look for areas to improve conversion rates.
Happy New Year!

Posted by: Dave Bascom

No comments: