Tuesday, December 9, 2008

SEO for Non-Profits

We have a very close relationship with Grassroots.org, so I was happy to jump in and speak on the “Giving Back” panel when Katie got stranded in New York due to weather delays and couldn’t get to Chicago for her panel on Monday. I didn’t have a lot of prep time, but Katie had a good powerpoint presentation and notes, so I just had to make sure not to introduce myself as Katie, and throw in a couple stupid jokes and I was set. I was hoping to have more SEO people in the crowd, but since a lot of people hadn’t shown up yet, and those that were there didn’t make it to our session, I figured it wouldn’t hurt to mention something here on the blog. There are basically two calls to action I want to give you depending on who you are.

1. If you are a non-profit and need help with online marketing and SEO, or any of the other services offered by Grassroots.org, get over there and Signup for Grassroots.org. Also, be sure to check out our Non-Profit SEO Guide for tips on getting started with SEO for your non-profit.

2. If you’re an SEO and you want to volunteer some of your time to offer your expertise to help a non-profit improve their search engine visibility, contact me through this form

We really enjoy helping out these non-profits in conjunction with Grassroots. Grassroots is a great organization that provides valuable services that allow non-profits to stretch their budgets and do things they wouldn’t be able to do otherwise. As they continue to grow and bring on more and more non-profits, we won’t be able to handle all the requests. If you’re willing to lend a hand, it’s a great way to give something back and start putting out some of that good karma. You’ll be glad you did.

Also, while I’m at it, I might as well put in a quick plug for my fellow panelists, Darian, (Craigslist Foundation ), Ben (Change.org), and Nan (Serengeti Communications) all great people doing cool stuff.

No comments: